You shouldn’t consider visiting Philippines just because of being a tourist destination. You should also consider learning a few interesting facts about this country. Here are a few facts that are surely going to make you interested.
- After the death of King Philip II of Spain, the name ‘Philippines’ came into existence.
- Bumbum, Girlie, Bong, Peanut, Bing, are a few Christian names in Philippines.
- After the 2nd World War which ended in 1945, Philippines was the first country in the region of South Asia that got its independence.
- Philippines holds the record of women breastfeeding as many as 3541 babies. This record was held in Manila on May 4th, 2006.
- Everyone is familiar with the toy yo-yo. This toy was used as a hunting weapon in the earlier days in Philippines by hunters.
- City of Marikina in Philippines was the first to ever witness the world’s biggest pair of shoes created. The shoes made were in the region of 7.9feet.
- The University of Santo Tomas was found by Dominican monks in Manila in 1611. This is the only university that has the world’s largest catholic population.
- At the Jellyfish lake in Philippines, it holds the record of comprising of 13 million jellyfish.
- There are 8 giant species of clams found in the world where 7 of them are found in Philippines.
These are some of the coolest facts about Philippines. Make sure you first check the best package for your Philippines tour today before your visit.