Today, here in this post we will discuss step to step instructions on how to connect with the Netgear genie smart setup wizard via mywifiext net. So, read this post carefully. When you connect your Netgear extender to network and open a web browser window, it automatically takes you to the Netgear genie smart setup page. But, this is not always, sometime when you launch a web browser it shows nothing but a new window. If you face the same issue, then don’t worry.
It is a common issue experienced by millions of Netgear users around the world. In such situation type www.mywifiext.net web address in the URL bar of your web browser. Before you press enter please recheck the URL that you entered in address bar, because wrongly entered URL can take you to another web page or cause issues. Once you verify the web address then click on enter button and it will connect with you the Netgear genie smart setup. When you connect with the Netgear genie setup wizard, it will provide you steps given below:
- Connect to Netgear_ext wireless network.
- Now Netgear genie scan all and will display the existing wifi network within the range.
- Choose the network name that you want to extend and click on continue.
- When the extender start connecting with your wifi router, you will prompt to change the wifi setting of your extender.
- If you don’t want to make changes in the extender settings, then click on continue button.
- Now, you will see a new screen. When it occurs, it means your PC has automatically disconnected with the wireless network.
- Verify the setting to make sure they are correct.
- Connect with your extender network once again.
- Now, close the genie setup page by clicking on finish button.